2011 Harley-Davidson® Sportster Forty-Eight
(see below for details)
Harley-Davidson Sportster Forty-Eight,
Wide Front Tire,
After Market Bronze Grips,
20 Harley-Davidson's in stock,
Special motorcycle financing is available even with a low credit score,
(For approval promotion above, customers must prove:
$2000 or more monthly Gross income,
No Open Bankruptcy,
Valid US Drivers License (AL excluded)
Promotion Valid for On-Road Motorcycles only)
Must See, Excellent Condition. Visit our website Primemotorcycles.com, 125 motorcycles to choose from. Visit Prime Motorcycles at 1045 North US Hwy.17-92 Longwood, Florida 32750 Hours: 9-6 Tues. thru Sat. After hours appointments are also accepted, Please call us at 321-203-4538 for additional financing information and to schedule a appointment. Text 407-416-7716 for information on this motorcycle including finance options and/or questions VISIT for 125 OTHER TOP QUALITY MOTORCYCLES, ATV's, SIDE BY SIDES, DIRTBIKES, AND MORE!
The 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster Forty-Eight XL1200X is one of the garage custom motorcycles in the Harley Dark Custom line. This bike cruises down the road with a 1200 cc Evolution engine – an engine with a true Harley-Davidson soul. The Forty-Eight also has an authentic peanut tank which first appeared on Harley-Davidson back in 1948 (its name origin) and has been a defining Sportster feature ever since. The front end of the bike looks beefy with its fat MT90 tire. The Harley Sportster Forty-Eight look is enhanced with the lowered front and rear suspension. Add a low seat height, and you have a serious looking motorcycle with an approachable riding stance. Take sometime and look over the features of this Harley Dark Custom, including the unique under mount motorcycle mirrors. The Harley Forty-Eight is one of the many Harley Sportster bikes, each with a different style. Check out the Sportster XR1200X with a fully adjustable Showa motorcycle suspension, the all new motorcycle for 2011 the Sportster XL883L, and all the other Sportster custom bikes including the Iron 883.
Currently the longest running Harley-Davidson® family in production, your 2011 Sportster® motorcycle is a narrow, nimble and no-nonsense machine that brings a whole new level of fun to every lane, alley and corner you take it through. All the best action happens at street level, with low seat heights and agile handling, these motorcycles get you closer to it.
- Classic peanut fuel tank: First appearing on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1948--and providing the inspiration for the Forty-Eight™ model name--the small 2.1 gallon tapered peanut fuel tank holds strong today with its traditional styling and modern attitude. A low, powerful bulldog look that gives way for showcasing more engine, the peanut fuel tank is attitude and looks all balled up into one.
- Slammed handlebar, speedo and under mount mirrors: The slammed black drag-style handlebar with speedo and under mount mirrors adds to the stripped down, minimal look of the Forty-Eight™ motorcycle. Inspired by the way hot rod pioneers used to slam their rides, the drag style handlebar is and old school garage feature that demands a forward, aggressive riding position.
- Fat front wheel: A beefy front end with a tall, fat MT90 tire gives the Forty-Eight™ model a grounding visual equal to that of a 1950 Mercury. Custom rubber reminiscent of the lead-sled culture. A dominating presence up front that provides a smooth ride and solid handling.
- Stop-turn-tail lights: Old school looks meet new-school engineering. Black, retro-style bullet taillights combine functionality to work twice as hard--stop beams and running lights plus turn indicators in two low-profile rear lamps. This eliminates the need for extra lights, creating a clean, minimal look.
- Side mounted license plate: True to the clean, fast lines of the bike, the side-mounted license plate leaves the rear fender surface smooth and uncluttered. Minimal and unique--every inch of the Forty-Eight™ motorcycle is styled to perfection to achieve a raw, custom look.
- Premium paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects in the pearl colors. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Evolution® engine heritage: The Evolution® engine--known in certain crowds as the Blockhead--was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® engine innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson®. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson® styling: Feast your eyes on the 1200cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson® style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Medium gray engine with black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with polished rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of the cases and covers--the 1200cc Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Classic Harley-Davidson® rumble: Iconic, fierce, the most distinct decibels you'll ever hear bouncing off city canyons or scenic country landscapes. The sound of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle has a rich history of its own. It's a classic roar. It's the sound of freedom, soul and self-expression.
- Artfully hidden technology: Harley-Davidson® leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike--the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- H-D® Smart Security System (optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Low seat & slammed suspension: The combination of a lowered front and rear suspension together with a low solo seat--just 26 inches high--provides confidence for riders of all sizes and experience. A responsive ride for whipping through town or busting out onto the interstate.
- Tuned to be ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability--it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Forward-mounted controls: With the custom forward-mounted controls on the Forty-Eight™ model, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to--on a two-wheeled machine that's built to outdo the rest.
- Length: 88.6 in. (2250 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26 in. (660 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.8 in. (681 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.9 in. (99 mm)
- Rake Steering Head: 30°
- Trail: 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.8 in. (1519 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal (7.9 l)
- Oil Capacity: 2.8 qt. (2.6 l)
- Dry Weight: 545 lbs. (247.2 kg)
- Running Order Weight: 567 lbs. (257.2 kg)
- Transmission: 5-speed transmission
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Displacement: 1200 cc (73.3 cu. in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.5 in./3.812 in. (88.9 mm/96.8 mm)
- Engine Torque: 79 ft. lbs. @ 4000 rpm ( J1349, 107 Nm @ 3250 rpm)
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Compression Ratio: 9.7:1
- Primary Drive: Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Fuel Economy City: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100km)
- Fuel Economy Hwy: 57 mpg (4.13 l/100km)
- Gear Ratio 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratio 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratio 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratio 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratio 5th: 3.517
- Front Wheel: Black, Steel Laced
- Rear Wheel: Black, Steel Laced
- Front Tire: MT90B16 72H
- Rear Tire: 150/80B16 71H
- Instruments: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Front Brakes: Dual-piston
- Rear Brakes: Single-piston
- Exhaust System: Chrome, staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
- 2-year unlimited mileage
- Vivid Black
- Engine Type
- Air-cooled, Evolution®
- 1200 cc (73.3 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in./3.812 in. (88.9 mm/96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- MT90B16 72H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 71H
- 59.8 in. (1519 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.8 in. (660 mm)
- 30 deg.
- 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal (7.9 l)
- City: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100km), Hwy: 57 mpg (4.13 l/100km)
- Dry Weight
- 545 lbs. (247.2 kg)
- 5-speed transmission
- Final Drive
- Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Vivid Black